ABR follows all Federal and State Fair Housing law. Our application process is used as a strict guideline for all ABR agents, staff and vendors. This insures that every applicant will be treated the same.
1. It is a requirement that each applicant 18 years of age or older fill out an application. Exceptions would an adult child as an occupant on the lease, under an approved applicant.
2. It is required that all three pages of the application be completed. Failure to supply information can result in a denial of the application.
3. ABR accepts only signed applications. If applying from our web site a digital signature is required.
4. If a co-signer is approved by ABR, the person applying as a co-signer must complete an application, with a separate application fee of $45.
5. ABR will not accept a co-signer for applicants with credit scores under 650.
6. ABR processes applications after receipt of the application & a $45 fee. Selection is not on a first-come, first-served basis. If we have multiple applicants ABR will, at our discretion, choose the applicant we believe is in the best interest of the property Owner. Any applicant we choose must deliver to ABR the signed lease documentation, one full month rent and a security deposit.
7. When making application, applicants may be required to furnish a copy of verifiable photo identification such as drivers’ license, military ID, state ID or passport. Identification from merchant stores is not acceptable.
8. If mailing applications & checks, delivery should be by Federal Express (overnight delivery). Check the box “no signature required for delivery”, and send to Associated Brokers Realty LLC, 198 Spotnap Road, Suite B-5A, Charlottesville, VA 22911. Do not send “certified” or “signature required”.
1. A $45.00 application fee is required per application, without exception and is non-refundable.
2. A $45.00 application fee for co-signers is required and is non-refundable.
3. The application fee is to cover some of the costs incurred while processing the application.
4. No application will be processed without payment of the application fee.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS to lease a property are:
Applicants must possess a minimum credit score of 650.
Gross income remaining after deducting all consumer debt (credit cards, car payments etc.) must be at least 3 times the monthly rental rate.
Applicants must provide excellent rental references.
1. All applicants are required to supply verifiable and reliable documentation in a timely manner.
2. Examples of income are: employee records, income tax records, social security documentation, monthly stipends, trust funds, and other sources which indicate ability to pay. ABR must be able to verify all income sources. We reserve the right to disqualify applicants for failure to supply adequate documentation to prove income.
1. ABR obtains a credit report and criminal background check on all applicants. We reserve the right not to accept copies of credit reports from applicants.
2. ABR can accept discharged bankruptcies if the prospective tenant has re-established a credit score of 650 or better.
3. Negative credit reports can be grounds for denial of an application even if the credit score is 650 or better.
Rental History or Property Ownership
1. Family references are not accepted.
2. Negative references are grounds for denial of an application.
1. ABR notifies applicants of acceptance or denial within 3-5 business days of application, unless ABR cannot complete verifications. If more documentation is required, ABR will notify the applicant.
2. All applicants must meet ABR’s requirements: denial of one applicant can result in the denial of all applicants.
3. Giving false information is automatic grounds for denial.
4. ABR will not hold any property. Multiple applicants will be chosen at ABR’s discretion as to the best applicant for the Owner’s property. The property is not rented until an approved applicant brings ABR all signed documentation and required money. Multiple approved applicants will be chosen at ABR’s discretion as to the best applicant for the Owner’s property.
5. ABR requires A FULL month’s rent, a security deposit equal to one full month rent, a signed lease and any other documents provided with the rental packet. Documents must be signed and delivered to ABR.
6. Should ABR grant permission for a pet in a property there will be an increase in the security deposit of $200 per pet/animal.
7. All leases must be signed by an ABR agent before they are ratified and binding.
AGENCY DISCLOSURE: THE AGENT, AGENT FOR THE OWNER, AND THE APPLICANT ACKNOWLEDGES THE FOLLOWING RELATIONSHIP: UNDER THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS CODE OF ETHICS, AGENTS WHO ARE REALTORS ARE OBLIGATED TO TREAT ALL PARTIES TO THE TRANSACTION HONESTLY. THE AGENT/OWNER AND THE TENANTS CONFIRM THAT IN CONNECTION WITH THE TRANSACTION CONTEMPLATED BY THIS APPLICATION, THE LEASING COMPANY AND ITS AGENTS ARE ACTING ON BEHALF OF THE OWNER AS OWNER’S AGENT.